Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Review: NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray.

Hi lovelies! How are you? Can you believe that we are only 15 days away from Christmas??? I haven't even started shopping yet! Hopefully I'll be able to get a few things this weekend.

Today I am going to bring you a short review on a product I bought back in September. I remember it was right after my vacation because I had picked up two NYX Butter Glosses from Target while I was away and then came home to see that my local CVS had gotten in a NYX display. I couldn't tell you how excited I was.

I picked out quite a few things from that display including the title of this blog post, the NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray.

As a makeup enthusiast I had never tried a setting spray before, I just never thought to buy one let alone use them. When I first got into makeup I had only heard of Skindanavia, if that's even how you spell it and I knew it was way too expensive for my teeny wallet.

That's why today I am glad that brands like NYX that are more affordable have these products available to the masses who can necessarily afford the high end makeup.


Above is my attempt at taking a cool photo using nature as my background. While I think its cool, I'm mad I cut off the bottom of the bottle.

To use the NYX Setting spray all you have to do is first off your makeup, then according to the bottle you hold the bottle out away from your face, close your eyes and spray a couple times letting the light mist settle on your face.

I have used this stuff a few times now, especially on occasions where I really need my makeup to last, I have found that it does help my makeup stay put. I used this most recently when my niece was baptized back in November and I had been out from about 10am until 6:30pm and when I got home I can safely say my makeup still looked like I had just applied it. I also have to say that I was wearing a  few other products to help prevent makeup breakdown but I do feel the setting spray had a hand in everything.

I think this is a good product if you need your makeup to last for a special event, as for using on a regular basis just when your putting makeup on for a work day I don't find myself reaching for it.

If you want to get your hands on the NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray you can get it at Target and CVS as long as they have displays which I'm pretty sure most Targets do, I think its select locations with CVS.  NYX is also available at Ulta and of course online as well.  The setting spray cost me about $8.49 but on the CVS website says $7.99. I have mentioned before that my CVS does mark up in price because its in a tourist location. NYX also makes a dewy setting spray as well, which I haven't bought because I have naturally oily skin and I don't like that look.

However NYX has steals and deals all the time you just have to watch out for them!

I hope you enjoyed this review and I will talk to you all in the next post!
<3 Nicole