Thursday, June 9, 2016

Fitness Journey Update: Bye Bye Soda!!

Hi guys!!!

Today I'm here with a Fitness Journey Update! April and May were 'plateau months' as I like to call them. I wasn't seeing a lot of changes, but just kept working at it.

During the month of May I started a fitness challenge that Lucy had on her YouTube Channel. She had also done one in April but I didn't get into it. She also doing one this month called Tone Every Zone, where 6 days of the week you have new video to tone a different area on your body. I remember she put up a pole on Twitter asking what area's we liked to work on and after all was said and done she chose, Thighs, Abs, Butt, Arms, Bust, and Back. For myself I'm working on thighs, abs, and arms, those are my problem areas.

So far I really like it and after doing the first few days of the workouts my inner thighs hurt for days afterward. It was awesome, that's how I know it worked for me. On the other days for the Tone challenge that I don't need to work on, I just choose a different workout to do so I don't fall off the wagon.

Here's the current video I've been doing when I'm not doing the toning videos. All you need is a chair!


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bTb6LoDn5uI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


So I'm sure many of you saw the title, bye bye soda. Yup, I have officially given up soda and its evil ways. Its actually something that I should have done many many moons ago. Sadly I wasn't really a coffee drinker so soda was my only form of caffeine.

I did some research about giving up soda and found that the best way is to ween yourself off because going cold turkey has negative side effects. I tried it once a long time ago, and the ginormous headache was just horrible. So I took the advice from the Internet and began weening myself. So whatever I was drinking I cut it down by half, telling myself I could only have a couple of sodas for the day, until I only allowed myself one soda at dinner for about two days and then that was it. No more soda.


I have officially been soda free for almost a whole week now! I feel awesome! I have also seen some weightloss too! Which I was informed by friends and family I would.

I have started drinking coffee in the mornings to give myself the caffeine my body was going to be lacking. I had some coupons for some K-Cups for our Kureig, so I bought my self some Starbucks coffee, and flavored creamer so I wouldn't have to add extra sugar,

I also got myself a new coffee mug to celebrate my new part of my adventure.


It was the only one left on the shelf at Walmart, and I absolutely love England, and London. Its on my bucket list of places I want to visit one day.

I have also gained some more confidence over the last couple of months, I tried on my bathing suit and I actually don't hate how I look, and I have more confidence in wearing shorts too. I was asked what I wanted for my birthday coming up July 3rd and I said I would really like to go shopping for some new clothes. Ive never been so excited for clothes before, I mean I love clothes but I guess having more confidence in myself makes it more fun!

 That's all I have for you guys today! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Talk to you all soon! <3 Nicole.