Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Welcome back!

Hi there! Welcome back! Not only to you but to me as well! It has been a long time hasn't it?

Almost two years, well if I had let this go to October it would of been. However Happy 2018 to you all I hope that your New Year has started off great. Mine has been so-so not terrible but not amazing, but I do believe its only bound to get better! 

This right here maybe one of the starting points. If you are reading this post and thinking, didn't this used to have a different name, you would be right. Seven years ago next month on March 18th to be exact is when I first started blogging and created My Nails. My Polish. I was 23 years old, had no clue about painting my nails, makeup, skin care, editing, you name it; I was a noob. I was heavily into reading nail polish blogs and seeing swatches of new collections and thinking at one point that I could put my two cents into this ring and start a blog. And so I did. You can still go back and look at my first post if you want and cringe at how bad my cuticles were or how I had no idea about clean up. 

Over the next few months to years I fell in love with nail polish and was posting mostly about it, then I transitioned into beauty products and fell head over heels in love with that and slowly nail polish kind of faded away for me. Don't get me wrong I still look at it in the stores, or swatch posts when new collections come out and I ogle over them but painting my nails just wasn't doing it for me any more. 

In the last couple of years blogging and Youtubing in themselves kind of faded away for me. I wanted to make them a priority and put my heart and soul into them, I still do. Sadly life has had other plans that showed me I needed to put away the blog and YouTube, I wasn't in love with them anymore I was getting bored and it was beginning to feel like a chore, a chore I didn't have time for and well in this blogging world if you want to be any sort of successful you need to put the time and effort in. I didn't want to put out crappy content or half-assed posts, so I stepped away. 

I have been still somewhat active on social media, not a whole lot, mostly Instagram where I even changed my name there but now it will be changing back to a blog Instagram. I do have a personal insta that will be staying private for me. 

This revamp of My Nails. My Polish. has been a long time coming, I wanted to change everything a while back but decided not to. This 'new' blog will be a bit about everything. Things like, life, beauty, relationship stuff, fashion, home, and things in between. 

I did say on snapchat earlier that I didn't think I would be getting back into making videos anytime soon. I have a lot I want to do before I venture down that path again. So I'm getting back to my roots where I started seven years ago. Be prepared for lots of photos and long post to sit and read through with a cup of tea or whatever drink you prefer! 


I hope that you guys will continue to follow along as I get back on my feet and see where this new adventure takes me. 

Until next time! 
Nicole