Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Maybelline Color Blur By Lip Studio


Purchased by me.

Good morning lovelies!! How was your weekend? Mine was so-so. I was supposed to hang out with my dad but he didn't feel well so every plan we had went down the toilet. I was pretty bummed but I'll get over it as I always have.

Today I want to show you  a new product from Maybelline and has become one of my favorite lippies to wear. Maybelline has certainly become one of my favorite drugstore brands over the years and I love anything matte for the lips! I think I own more Maybelline products over any other brand.

A while back I had heard they released a matte velvet lip pencil over in the United Kingdom and after seeing some of my favorite British beauty bloggers talk about them I KNEW I would need them if they were ever to be release here. Well of course about a half a year later Maybelline released them but under a new name and different packaging. I don't have a problem with that as long as the product is good.




I remember finding them one weekend where I decided to take a 'me' day. I wanted to buy ALL the colors because lets be honest here they were very enticing. But I settled on just one. Even at Wal-Mart, where you can usually find things for much less, these pencils were still about $7.74. Which for a lip product of any sort to me is a little expensive.


But  I bought one as I said and then a week later went back and bought the deepest darkest red I could find. So far I have resisted the rest of them, but if they go on sale...and I mean like when Rite Aid does the 40% off I will probably try to snag more.

I couldn't get good product shots.. every photo I took SUCKED, so here are the product shots right from Maybelline's website. 

Image Credit: Maybelline

Image Credit: Maybelline.
 

The top image is "I like to Mauve it." and the bottom is "Plum Please." I have a feeling I'll be wearing Plum Please a lot this upcoming Fall! On first look at these I was intrigued by the name "Color Blur." I didn't realize that at the time that there are two ways to wear this product. If you look at the display wherever you buy these you can see you can wear it full on, on the lips OR only place a small amount of color in the middle of your lips and blur it out to the edges. That's why each lippie has a silicone smudger on the end.

To be honest I don't like the smudged look, it just makes you look like all your lipstick wore off and all that's left is the center.

The way these apply to the lips is amazing, they are soft, velvety, and smooth, my lips can move around with out getting that dried weird feeling you can sometimes have with matte lip products. These are also very moisturizing, or at least I feel they are. I don't feel the need to add a balm or anything.

Here are the colors swatched on the back of my hand.



You can see from the photo that Plum Please is a very dark berry red color, and on my lips its comes off as darker. My mom even had the audacity to make fun of me with it on and calling me a hooker while wearing it. I may or may not have been wearing an off the shoulder black shirt and shorts at the time with my hair up in a top not. Honestly she just doesn't like red lipstick on me at all, where as I love it.

I Like To Mauve it is my lip color but better. Its more pink toned but blends it well just to give my lips or more polished looked. In my opinion this is a great 'office' lip color.

As for wear time, I noticed that Plum Please on the first time I wore it, wore well. I ate lunch, went about my normal day and a few of hours later I noticed I still had a nice color to my lips. It wasn't the full on color I had when I first applied it but it still looked nice. As for I Like To Mauve it, it had good wear time as well, as I said above it tends to blend in to my lip color just making it more of a 'my lips but better color'. So unfortunately by the end of the day I can't tell if its still there or not.

Overall I really like these new lip products from Maybelline. There are I believe four or five other colors that are beautiful as well, quite a few bright pink shades that are screaming for me to buy them but they don't look good on my skin tone. If you want to get your hands on these lippies then head out to the drugstore,  or Wal-Mart to find them. Also remember that prices can vary depending on where you live.

That's all for today! I hope you enjoyed the post and I'll see you soon!
<3 Nicole