Thursday, July 9, 2015

Throwback Thursday: My First blog post!!

Oh man is this post going to be cringe worthy on so many levels!

Good morning lovelies! I hope you are all doing well and are gearing up for the weekend! As you read this post I will be at work patiently waiting for the clock to strike 5:30pm so I can get out and have a nice day off on Friday. Unfortunately with my job I have to work at least one weekend day but on occasions I get a whole weekend off and when I do its is GLORIOUS!

Today I thought I would take you back in time four years and show you my very first blog post. The whole reason I started my blog was that I enjoyed reading nail polish blogs at the time and my collection was steadily growing. I wasn't as heavily into makeup as I am now so that's where my blog name came from. They were my nails and my polish and there you go.

I remember the name of the first post and it was an introduction post about myself, so really I guess I'm taking you back to the second post on the blog but its the first one I showed of a manicure!

I called it Springtime Crackle. Crackle was huge four years, I remember desperately wanting to get my hands on it, thank goodness we had just had a Sally's Beauty open up in the next town over!

So... brace yourselves... if its too bad... look away...




Here it is, my first manicure for the blog. This photo was taken with a iPhone 3GS and clearly I had no idea about lighting or angles at the time either.

Oh I had so much to learn about cleaning up my cuticles too... but four years ago I loved this look. I thought it was so '80s themed because it was bright, but now looking at it I can see the photo doesn't do it justice.



I re-read through the post as I was writing this one and I went through all the steps from what base coat I used to swearing by China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat. I should probably give that top coat a go again.

If you want to read the whole post I will link it here!

So now here is a manicure three years later! I actually haven't post a manicure here yet for 2015.  This is from the Julie G. Cruise Collection. Its called Old San Juan. If you want to read that post which is from 2014 click here.


I found out that taking photos outside (if the weather was good) was the best lightning I could find. My nails have a nice shape to them and I have learned to clean up my cuticles! What a difference three years makes!

Also I've noticed my blogging style hasn't changed where at times I just ramble.. like now...I'll stop..

Well! That was a interesting trip down memory lane. I hope you enjoyed it! I'll see you guys next week or over on the Youtube Channel on Sunday! Let me know in the comments if you remember your first blog post, if your a blogger and if your not, tell me what was your first nail polish you remember buying!

<3 Nicole