Thursday, December 31, 2015

A year in review....

Well hello there, Happy New Years everyone!! I hope you all have had fantastic holidays, whatever you celebrate! 



This post may not be a happy, 'best of' anything. Its just me reflecting on the year and how I hope 2016 will be. 

Over the last month or so I've been reflecting on where I was a year ago. I was in a much different state of mind. As I have said many times in blog post throughout this year.


2015 was not my year, by any means. Although it is ending fairly well. Tonight I'll be ringing in 2016 with my friends as I have the night off for the first time in years. And better yet I have off New Years Day too! 

I look back at this year and say "good riddance"! 

Last year I remember writing down resolutions, and lets be honest who ever keeps theirs? Out of five I went through with one, but it was an important one. Find a new job. This year I left my job in grocery retail, where I spent 10 years of my life.  It was pertinent to my mental health that I find a new job, one where I wasn't going to bring home the stress. One where my phone wasn't ringing all night with questions from people I thought knew how to do their job. One where I was dreading going to, or having panic attacks because I didn't want to go.

When things get that bad, its time for a change. I remember breaking down in front of my mom and how she reassured me that she would support me no matter what I did, while my dad who now is supportive, wasn't on board at first. 

At my new job I became a certified pharmacy technician. I'm not certified for the state of New York or anything but certified for the pharmacy I work for. I won't ever tell you where I work, I gotta keep some stuff unknown to keep up the mystery. Even though there is not much mystery to me. 

In the latter half year I kind of fell out of love with blogging and Youtubing. I couldn't find the time. and when I did I never wanted to finish what I started. I'm a horrible procrastinator. 

One good thing about this year though was I started working on getting healthy, something I have failed at for most of my life. I started working out during the summer, and I have photographic proof that I made a change in myself. I don't know if I'll ever show that photo to you guys, but the fact that I can see the difference makes me more motivated to keep it up next year and really get my butt in gear.


This year my biggest achievement and yet something I am still working on, dealing with my depression. I know I've talked about it here multiple times so I'll keep it short. This holiday season, compared to the last couple was the best holidays I've ever had. For the first time I felt so happy and realized how unbelievably blessed I am. I still have bad days but for the most part I'm pretty good about keeping my head from swimming around in those bad thoughts. 


For 2016 I have made a list of four goals I would like to achieve. I'm not making resolutions, they don't work. 

My first goal: To be healthier. I want to crack down and make that lifestyle change. 

Second: To go to a Supernatural Convention so I can give Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki a hug and tell them Thank you for helping me though my depression this year. If you want a post on that, how a TV show and its actors can help depression, leave a comment. 

Third: Do what makes me HAPPY. I found out I do love blogging and Youtubing and it makes me happy when I put up a new post or video, so in 2016 I want to do more of that.  Also spending time with family and friends. And giving myself much needed 'me' time to de-stress and relax. 

Fourth: Don't lose hope. Know that things happen for a reason and even though they are many bumps in the road, things will work out and it will be okay. 


I wish for everyone in 2016 to be happy and healthy. I hope that if 2015 treated you bad that you kick it to the curb and make 2016 your year. It will be my year! 

I love you all, thank you for sticking with me and my little blog for the last almost four years now! I will see you in 2016!!! <3

And for making it through this post, here is a photo of Kitkat my little fluffy orange kitty.