Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentines Day Nail Art !

Hey!

Happy Thursday! The weekend is almost here, not that I get much of a weekend because I practically work every weekend! Hopefully that will stop soon!

Today I have the first of what I hope to be 3 Valentines Day inspired nail art. I am hoping to have two more up next week!

Valentines day is not all pinks, reds, and whites, you've seen those candy hearts that have those messages on them? They are blue and green and orange and yellow as well! So For this I sort of took that idea and made it my own.


On the nail I used 2 coats of China Glaze Aquadelic from the Electropop Collection. Then using Wicked Style from the same collection and Sally Hansen Hard to Get I made little hearts on the nail using a toothpick then ever so carefully drew the letters to spell love on the hearts. Its more spring themed but to me it looks like the candy hearts!




I have come to find that toothpick really works well for creating shapes and art. I used to use a paint brush but never had good control, with a toothpick I feel I have a lot more!

I'm still thinking about next weeks designs. I have ideas but have yet to try them. If you lovely readers have any ideas leave them in the comments below!!

I hope you enjoyed this fun nail art design! Please subscribe to the blog there is a lot more to come in the coming months!

Also please follow me on Twitter! @mynailsmypolish. I'm on there pretty much everyday unless I'm at work ( where I'm not allowed to check it but I do anyway :) shh don't tell!)

Talk to you all soon!

Nicole