Saturday, March 3, 2012

Nails Of The Day: A Teal Zebra.

Happy Saturday!

Hope all of you are having a fabulous weekend! It snowed here back on Wednesday and Thursday, so the ground is covered in white stuff. I thought it was all over yesterday because it wasn't snowy anymore and BANG when I'm leaving work at 10pm its a freak blizzard. It was that blinding snow that is coming right at you when you drive, so it looks like that really old Windows screen saver of stars. Roads were covered and I did about 30MPH all the way home praying to just be able to see where I was going.

I hate New York! No snow all winter and then this! On a brighter note it will be 65 as of Thursday!

Today I bring you a Nails Of The Day post. I have so much stuff to share with you lovely readers over the next few weeks, about sixteen untrieds to get through. Plus of course purchasing new polish when I see it. I feel like I need to catch up to everyone who has like hundreds of bottles and I'm only up to maybe 150, (I haven't counted in a long time).

Today I started with my absolute number one of teal cremes, in fact I think its the only teal I own that's a creme, Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure in Fairy Teal! It is by far the best teal ever! I applied two (not thick) coats of the polish, if you really wanted to you could try just one.

This polish is not runny its just perfect. I think it has to do with the brush size too. My other SH Completes have a much bigger brush and this one is smaller and makes it easier to keep from getting polish on the sides of my fingers. The color I would describe is a dark and dusty, but its shiny and in the sun it really stands out even though there is no shimmer.


Then to bring it alive some more, I stamped on it using the Salon Express Kit plate  SE11 the zebra stripes. I stamped them with China Glaze's Aquadellic. The contrast of the light blue against the dusty teal is nice. Its not over the top stand out, it just gives it that extra kick.



I had a lovely surprise yesterday in the mail, from Adri of Morie's Nail Art. She sent me a package with 6 lovely holo glitter polishes, five of which are exclusive to Costa Rica where she is, called Adoro. Adrianna if you are reading this I wanted to say again the polishes are beautiful and a huge THANK YOU!!

I hope you all have a fabulous second part to your weekend!
Nicole.