Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SNAAARKM Challenge. Day 2: A classic manicure.

Okay, I don't know about you but when I saw this as the second day challenge the first thing that popped into my head was a french manicure. Its classic,  I did  it for Valentines day and it worked well.  Right now though, with my three nubs it was a no go for sure.

Then I tried to rack my brain on what to do right before this challenge went live. A gradient manicure. It popped in my head right after the first day to do it for today. I questioned myself on whether it could be dubbed a 'classic' but when I see one I think its definitely going to be a future classic! So why not start saying it now.

So I bring you my very first attempt at a sponged gradient manicure. Staying with the pink theme of Monday's manicure here's what I came up with.



I started off with my usually undergarments of OPI Natural Nail Strengthener and a ridge filling base coat I got from Sally's. Then I painted three coats of Queen Cupcake from Funky Fingers.


After letting it dry thoroughly I sponged on some of QC mixed with Sinful Colors Pink Forever and Milani Pink Hottie Neon.  Then I topped it off with Sally Hansen Insta Dry Top Coat, ( actually like two coats) sponging does make the mani a little bumpy!


I definitely need to work on my sponging skills but I'm pretty happy with they way this turned out. My best friend today at work grabbed my hands asking me how I did this!

I hope you all are happy with this too! I can't wait to see what the other girls come up with.

Check them out! Click the links below!

Alaina - The Little Canvas

Ryan- Dream A Little Dream Of Polish

Stephanie- Sincerely Stephanie

Ave- Polish Pixelle

Kristen-  In The Name Of Polish

Amanda- Fashion Footing

Megan - Let There Be Lacquer