Sunday, May 20, 2012

SNAAARKM Challenge Day 4: Glitter, Rhinestones, and FIMO! Oh my!

Happy Sunday!

Today marks Day 4 of the SNAAARKM Challenge! To remind you of what is yet to come!


Click on me to make me bigger if you can't read it!



Today is Glitter, Rhinestones, and FIMO! Oh my! I chose glitter for today since I don't have the other too! With my job even putting a nail sticker on isn't worth it. I had two on this past weekend on my thumbs and they came off by the time my shift was over. I also had put a top coat over them to seal them in! I don't feel right investing in something that's not going to last long. :(

Anyway on to the glitter portion of the challenge! I love glitter polishes! As much as a pain in the you know what to take off, ( unless you use the foil method) I love the way the sparkle in the sun!


The glitter I chose for this was one of the new Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Glitters. I don't remember the name of the collection I think its Bejeweled. They all have royal sounding names though.

The one I used is called Speak When Spoken To. I also own Bow In My Presence. These are color shifting glitters, similar to the China Glaze Prismatic.

I layered about three coats over Funky Fingers Sugar Plum Fairy. I really wanted to capture the color shift and got some of it but I didn't get the best sun since it was going down when I went outside to take pictures.




Its primarily a blue toned glitter and then shifts to a pink/purple in the light. It super pretty on the nail in real life in the sun. The first picture I was trying to get the pink to show through and due to my poor timing of lighting I only got the blue side. I wonder though if the choice of base has anything to do with it.

So that is it for my glitter challenge day! I hope you enjoyed it. I'll try to do a swatch by itself of the nail soon with Bow In My Presence.

Meanwhile, check out my other girls who are doing this fantastic challenge!
Don't forget to follow all of us on Twitter!

The Little Canvas                        Dream A Little Dream Of Polish

                           Sincerely Stephanie                                Fashion Footing

Let There Be Lacquer                                            Polish Pixelle                 In The Name Of Polish