Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A couple of dotticures!

Hello!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! The weather here in good ole New York was half crappy half amazing. Saturday it stormed and sunday it was filled with plentiful sunshine. It's also forcasted to be sunny and fall like for the rest of the week!

So for today's post I thought I would bring you two manicures where I finally incorporated some simple dots. Who doesn'tl love dots. I miss doing nail art, I stopped because life wasn't allowing me the time to do it :( but now I have some time so I want to get back into it.

The first 'dotticure' was one I wore the other day but then had to change the next day because one of my dots smeared off even tho the mani was supposedly dry!

I used Essie's Raise Awareness as my base color and then used Sinful Colors To create the dots. I love this red from Sinful not only is it bright but it's also a jelly polish which is great for those jelly sandwiches us nail addicts love to do. I think this manicure would be perfect for valentines day next year or you could substitute the red dots for a darker pink and you can have a great manicure for October for Breast Cancer Awareness! I know I'll be showing you what I wear since I have a fundraising bake sale in the beginning of the month!


The next manicure is the one I am currently rocking as I am writing this post. For this one I used China Glazes Hang Ten Toes and for my accent nail I used Sinful Colors Rainstorm. Then I alternated the dots, using Rainstorm over the pink and Hang Ten Toes over Rainstorm. I will do a proper swatch of Rainstorm soon. You actually could get away with one coat of Rainstorm it's just that pretty!

Ok on to the pictures!