Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Nail Art! Spooky Googley Eyes!

Happy Friday! Hope you all are well today!

In this blog post I am going to give you step by step instructions on how to get these nails!


Spooky googley eyes, we always see them around this time of year, whether it be as awesome Halloween decorations in lights or on pumpkins, or even in the dark of the night when you see that pair of creepy eyes staring at you in the dark.

I have seen a few people on instagram do these types of nails mixed with other nail art, and I wanted to take a stab at it!

I have not been able to stop looking at my nails since I did this nail art! They remind me of these light that my aunt ( god rest her soul)  used to put in her trees at Halloween time. I remember helping her put them in the bushes and trees. I always loved decorating her house for Halloween, she had one of those big houses that you could go all out and do elaborate scenes with. She did this especially at Christmas time!

I debated on doing different color eyes, like red, pink, bright green, or neon yellow, but kept it original just using white. I did dab over the white with glow in the dark polish but I guess I didn't use enough because my eyes don't glow :(



 
 
 
Here is how to get these nifty nails!
 
Step 1: Apply base coat and let dry.
 
Step 2: Apply two coats of your favorite black polish. Mine is Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme. Let dry completely.
 
Step 3: Taking the bigger end of a dotting tool or a tooth pick you snipped the end off of and dip it in to your favorite white polish. I used Pure Ice Superstar, then dot two dots close together to create the whites of your eyes. Let Dry.
 
** Optional Step**  Once the white polish is dry taking the same end of the dotting tool you used for the white dip it into glow in the dark polish and go back over the white so you eyes glow!
 
Step 4: Taking the small end of the dotting too or the opposite end of the toothpick that isn't snipped off, and dip it into black polish then do the inside of the whites to create pupils for your eyes. Let dry.
 
Step 5: Once your design is dry use your favorite top coat to seal it all in!
 
okay so I hope that this design is something that you guys will try, especially if you are new to nail art. It is so simple, you can also do it as a last minute design for Halloween!
 
Okay guys till next time! <3 Nicole