Monday, November 19, 2012

China Glaze Cranberry Splash with a twist!

Hello lovelies!

It is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I'm still debating on doing some sort of Turkey day nails.

But anyway today I have a red polish for you that I can say I like way more then my favorite red from last year! Last year I was obsessed with Velvet Bow from China Glaze. It was from their Let It Snow collection and it is this amazing vampy red squishy polish! I don't normally wear reds because of my skin-tone but when I saw this red this year I had to have it!

This year China Glaze in their Holiday Joy Collection put out quite a few reds; actually almost half the collection is reds. Cranberry Splash was the one that stood out from the pack and spoke to me saying it wanted to join my stash! How exciting!!

So on a trip to Sally Beauty Supply I went to go and get the few polishes I wanted from the holiday collection and to see if the Cirque polishes were out yet. Out of all the polishes I went to search for Cranberry Splash was the only one who came home with me. There is more to this story but right now I don't want to bring it up since I'm waiting to hear back from Sally's.

Cranberry Splash is a glowy shimmery not frosty red. I can't tell if it leans more orange or blue it's somewhere in the middle, you know how sometimes you can tell. On the night that I bought it I was dying to try it out so I made my mom the test subject and painted her pinkie nail. For someone who hates my love of polish but yet will buy it for herself sometimes, my mom really liked this one! Hopefully I will be successful and get her to wear it for Christmas!

I was literally in love from the second I painted it on her nail! One coat actually seemed to be perfect! Although upon taking a picture of her nail you could see two coats would be best since there were some thin spots. Even though these thin spots were only visible in direct light.

For myself when I changed my polish on Friday I did the standard two coats and let it dry. Now this polish is super shiny without a top coat but you know I need the extra protection. To make it more glittery I had to add a new polish I just bought; I added Maybeline Color Show Sequins Ruby Rhinestones to my ring fingers. Ruby Rhinestones is a ruby glitter polish that is in a raspberry tinted base with small round red glitter, medium red hex glitter and surprisingly has tiny square black matte glitter too! When looking at it from the bottle you do not see the black glitter , I didn't even see it on my nail until I had my nail close to my face one night after I took my contacts out!

The wear time on this polish is good, I have had it on for three-four days now and it only has minor tip wear! I plan on buying a back up of this polish once Head2toe beauty comes back from there holiday break!

So take a look at the photos and tell me what you think!!! Until next time!