Friday, November 2, 2012

Loreal Paris Nail Polish: Brit Invasion!


Hello! Its Friday once again, and I'm glad its the weekend! My dad will hopefully be coming home tomorrow if he can catch the train on Long Island!

Today I bring you a nail polish that I was super excited to find finally, after thinking no drugstore in my area was going to get it. A while back Loreal put out a collection of nail polishes that all have names that are relative to England! I am obsessed with England, I want to visit there someday, maybe meet a nice British boy and meet Benedict Cumberbatch. If you watch the show Sherlock that airs on PBS here in the states every so often or if you have watched it on Netflix, both seasons are up on there then you know who I am talking about! He is also going to be in the new J.J. Abrams Star Trek Sequel! Yeah I'm a nerd *pushes up her nerdy glasses*.

I apologize for my rant but I love British Television I just think its a tiny bit better than U.S shows and plus the U.K has Doctor Who. Do not get me started on that!

So I think the polish I have today is very fitting for my obsession! Its called Brit Invasion! About two weeks ago or so I posted a picture on instagram of the three polishes I snagged from the collection and asked which polish did you want me to wear after the Halloween nail season was over, and only one person responded. Amanda from The Nail Polish Enthusiast said Brit Invasion, so Amanda this one is for you! And for me too because I love this polish!

Brit Invasion is dark taupe polish with golden shimmer added in. It is most certainly a fall color but I would wear it all year round. I do stick to certain seasons to wear certain polishes but sometimes you just have to break the rules and go all out!

I got this polish along with the other two at Walmart, I've been finding a lot of great polishes at Walmart lately. The three retailed for $4.97 each, which I feel is reasonable since in Rite Aid or CVS they would be like $7.99. Prices may differ in your area, just to remind you.

I liked the formula on this polish, a little sheer on the first coat but I've noticed that with a lot of polishes I have purchased recently. Once you add on the second to third coats you are good to go. The shimmer in this polish is beautiful, I can't wait to see it in the sun, whenever the sun decides to come back out. Even though Hurricane Sandy is gone, the clouds are still here, I can't tell you how much I want to see sunshine!

Okay so on to the pictures!





 Can you see all the pretty shimmer!? It truly is a lovely polish!

So that's it for this post! Talk to you all soon! <3 Nicole