Friday, March 15, 2013

Julie G. Nail Polish in Bikini.

Hello! Hope you all are well!


Today I bring you a swatch of polish that I have had in my stash drawer for well over a year. What I am most shocked by is that I haven't featured it here on the blog!

Today I bring you from Jesse's Girl Julie G Nail Polish in Bikini! This polish was one of the first polishes included in her original core line that if my information is correct launched September of 2011 around labor day. I remember because I stalked my Rite Aid until they got them in!

I purchased this polish because it reminded me of China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy, the first time ( and last time ) I ever got a pedicure that was the polish I chose. If my memory serves me correctly I think Bikini is slightly darker than Flip Flop Fantasy but is just as intense and in your face.

Bikini is a crème formula that requires about two-three coats for opacity. I would be careful in between coats as I noticed it can look clumpy if it doesn't settle evenly. A top coat does take care of evening out the layers but I could still see it on the sides where the top coat didn't make it.


These photos taken with 3 coats and a top coat in natural light.



If your looking for a bright color to get you in the mood for spring (since it is in 5 days) this might be the color for you! I purchased mine at Rite Aid for $3.99!

Ok so that's it for tonight! I'll talk to you next time! <3 Nicole