Thursday, May 9, 2013

Julie G. Frosted Gumdrop: Blueberry Fizz

Hi guys!

Hope you all are well. My allergies have been attacking me for the last week and a half and they have finally decided to let me breathe again! I love the nice weather but we seriously jumped straight to summer here in good ole NY! Every flower and tree bloomed early and sent pollen on an all out assault on us allergy sufferers!

To celebrate being back from allergy hell I bring you today Julie G. Frosted Gumdrop textured polish in Blueberry Fizz! I was so excited when I first heard that Julie G. and Jesse's Girl Cosmetics were going to bring out this limited edition summer line, I was staking my Rite Aid as soon as I saw people on Instagram posting pictures of sightings around the states! Finally on a Monday night when my mom and I had to go to Rite Aid for some things there I found them full display and all!

I only purchased four out of the six, the two I left behind were the orange shades, I'm not huge on orange on my nails but I like it fashion styles.

So I chose Blueberry Fizz to try first since it was the one that stood out the most to me! These textured polishes remind me a lot of the OPI Liquid Sand Polishes but a bit more sparkly. These dry to a matte finish but leave the small bits of glitter sparkling through!

I would describe Blueberry Fizz's color as a pale blue but not a sky pale blue its much more dusty then that, its not the exact color of a blueberry, you know that dark blue with the bluish-purple center when they get squished. If the scent blueberry had a color this would be it. Do you follow that? I'm not sure if I do either but that's how my brain wants to describe it. In other words the name fits the color perfectly. But another way to describe it just popped in my head while writing this; this polish reminds me of the color of Cinderella's gown in the Disney movie when she goes to the ball!




Blueberry Fizz is opaque in two coats, the polish isn't too thick but thick enough that you definitely do not have to worry about flooding your cuticles. The frist picture is a more color accurate photo of the polish. I couldn't get a photo that showcased how pretty the silver glitter bits are but trust me they are amazing!

The wear time is pretty good too! I got through three-four successful days of wearing this color and only had minor chips on the corners of my nails. I find that they also remove better with polish remover than most glitter polishes!

Overall I really liked this polish from Julie, All her polishes are awesome and I need to buy more of her core collection! I hope to show case the three other Gumdrop polishes soon her on the blog!

If you want to get your hands on these polishes definitely check your local Rite Aid if you have one, if you don't have access to one you can also get them online at Jesse's Girl Cosmetics website!

Do YOU own any of the new textured polishes out there, not just Julies? If so leave a comment below and tell me what you think of them!

That's all for this post! See you next time !
<3 Nicole