Thursday, May 30, 2013

Julie G. Frosted Gumdrop Polish: Rock Candy.

Hello!!!

How are you all on this fine humid Thursday? Well ok maybe its not humid where you are but its  pretty humid here in the Hudson Valley. Yesterday we had some pretty wicked thunderstorms roll through because of the humidity, I happened to be at work when they hit, there is just something about watching a thunderstorm outside the grocery store with your fellow coworkers that just makes it interesting. If I was at home I probably would of been freaking out while staring out the window from a distance.

Anyway its been way too long since I posted, almost two weeks, I seriously need to get back on my schedule of every other day instead of being a lazy bum.

Today's post is going to be fairly short since if you saw by the title that I am showcasing another Frosted Gumdrop Polish from the fabulous Julie G Beauty! If you like the Liquid Sand polishes from OPI these are similar but a bit more glittery and way more affordable!

Rock Candy is the name of the polish and it doesn't remind me of rock candy at all really. To be honest I never like rock candy as a kid, I thought it was really cool looking but never liked the flavors. But the name of this polish did not put me off it, Rock Candy is a Teal polish that has a metallic look to it, but its not your normal teal color that we think of when we think teal polish. The metallic finish makes it a lot dustier and a few shades darker and it leans more toward s the green end of the teal spectrum.




The top photo was taken with the flash and you can really see the larger pieces of glitter that make this polish sparkle. The other two photos were taken in natural light. The one thing I have yet to try with these texture polishes is putting top coat over them. I hear from other bloggers that they actually look really pretty with a top coat. I am definitely going to have to try it sometime, I did try it once with one of the Liquid Sand Polishes I own and it totally ruined the polish. Maybe that's why I haven't tried it with these.

The Julie G. Frosted Gumdrop Polishes are available at your local Rite Aid for $3.99 or you can find them on Jesse's Girl Cosmetics website!

Hope you enjoyed todays post, tomorrow I am going to post my second volume of Free For All Beauty Friday, I think I am going to write about my May Favorites. I see favorite videos on YouTube all the time and since I don't do YouTube the blog is the next best place!

So Talk to you all then!
<3 Nicole