Saturday, December 14, 2013

Back in Business!!!

Hi guys!!!

Sooo.... the semester is officially OVER!!!! WOO HOO! You have no idea how relieved I am. Technically I do have to go into school on Monday for one last class and to return a rental book but I don't have anymore test or anything like until the spring semester in January!

Since Christmas is about 11 days away I thought I would share my current winter/Christmas/Holiday manicure with you!

I feel like this year is coming to an end so fast, but I'm kind of glad it is. I have had a roller coaster of a year, with loss and family health problems. I've also been suffering really bad lately from depression, and anxiety. Its not fun but one thing that has kept me going over the last three months or so has been staying in touch with the nail community and how many of you amazing people out there are so supportive and encouraging!  I can't say thank you enough for that!

Today's manicure started off with one of my absolute favorite Christmas reds, China Glaze Cranberry Splash. I talked about this red a lot last year from what I can remember . Its shiny and shimmery, and every time I use it or see it, it makes me think Christmas!

I also have to give a shout out to OPI Nail Envy Matte for being my base coat to protect my nails, I got a twin pack of the original formula and the matte formula back in February. I finished the bottle of original formula and now working my way with the matte. It definitely keeps my nail polish on longer and I haven't seen any yellowing in my nails, compared to other base coats I have used.

To make this manicure more holdiay-ish I broke out my stamping plates. Originally I saw Nicole from Polish Me Please, post a snowflake manicure on her Instagram. I got inspired that day and did something similar and posted a photo on my Instagram. I used the same stamps from Bundle Monster for this manicure, and I think it makes my nails look like wrapping paper.


I used my mini star tree topper to pose my hand on. I have a mini tree in my bedroom this year and it just makes it so much cozy-ier. I will say this once I was done taking photos with it my hand was full of glitter, but there is nothing wrong with that.



For the snowflake stamp I used Fresh Paint's Coconut. I got it from Five Below, but I don't think they have it anymore. Five below goes through series of different polishes every so often and Coconut was released over the summer.



And to make my manicure shiny and protected I used Seche Vite. I was using Sally Hansen Insta Dry Top Coat but my nails chipped quickly after using it, which is a problem I have never really had with it so I decided to go back to Seche Vite one day after seeing they sold it in Wal-Mart. Seche Vite was the first quick drying top coat I ever used and I loved it, but then it started shrinking my manicures so I stopped. It seems though that this bottle isn't doing that so I guess I must be doing something right.


For the photos I did take them inside since it is snowing outside right now and the hours of daylight are limited. A couple of the photos did come out dark so I had to adjust the light on a couple of them.

So this is my launch back into blogging!!1 I am so excited to be back you guys!! I hope you like this manicure!

I will talk to you all very soon!
<3 Nicole