Thursday, February 9, 2012

Simple V-day French manicure design!

As Valentines Day nears I am starting to hate it more and more. I have never been a huge fan of the holiday. Being diabetic, there is not much choice when it comes to a box of chocolates. Walk though Walmart the other day not a single box of sugar free chocolates, so I'm left craving chocolate but come home empty handed. :(

So to get me out of my mood, painting my nails always helps! I have had this idea in my head for sometime now, at least the last week. It turned out nice but I would like my nails to be a tad bit longer when I decide to fully wear a french manicure. Last night I broke a nail and I am now back to semi-nubs. I had to file them down quite a bit. :( but now they are all the same shape and size so I guess that's the upside!

I recently got a Serena Glam Slam Duo from TJMaxx for...wait for it... $6.00!! We have these wear I work ( well the most recent ones anyway) and they run $14.99. This was one of the first ones that Serena Williams released I believe and it came with Love is a Racket, which is a bright red shimmer that is just stunning in the bottle, and Pros and Bronze and goldish bronze color with tons of shimmer, I swear I saw lime green shimmer and that just made love it even more!

Love is a Racket is a little to bright for my finger tips after using it in this manicure, but I plan on using it for stamping and for my toes for the summer! It is however one of the perfect Valentines Day reds out there!

Here is what I came up with! Click the read more to see the pictures!




I used the Nailine french manicure strips to help make my lines straight, once the tips were dry I stamped a heart using my Salon Express kit with Sally Hansen Hard to Get. I do really like this design and maybe I will sport it after valentines day using bright spring colors!

Hope you guys enjoyed today's post! Stay tuned for more soon!
Nicole!