Friday, March 23, 2012

Simply Sweet : A Purple Pink bright!

Happy Friday!!!

So glad to be off today!! The weather has been nothing but phenomenal! Yesterday a few close friends of mine actually went and had a cook out at the local park, which is right on the water of the Hudson River. The day was perfect, good food, great friends, just perfect.

Of course I had to have a bright color on my nails to celebrate with. So today I am going to show you the second polish in the Simply Sweet four pack I bought from Marshall's last week.

This color I thought was going to be a darker fuchsia or purple, but no its a mix of a darker bright pink with purple. Kind of makes me want to say pinurple, pink and purple mixed together. Its a fairly bright almost neon color. It does not dry matte so its definitely not a neon. It reminds me of  the hydrangeas we get in at work in the spring.



These first two photos are with flash. The flash makes it look a little darker than it really is. All photos are 3 coats and no top coat!






You can see how in natural light its much brighter than with a flash. It is still showing a little darker than out in the sun. But the clouds were kind of covering the sun at this time. :(

The polish applied amazingly. The first coat was not streaky at all, unlike with the blue. The second coat was enough for opacity, and that's how I wore it yesterday at the picnic. I threw on a third coat to fix any little chips but there were none, but it looks amazing with three coats! Even with out a top coat there is a nice glossy-ness to this polish. Once again the brush was good no weird bristles or anything. I think the more I go to Marshall's I'm going to continue to look for this brand!

Simply Sweet Polishes can be found at Marshall's, I paid $4.99 for a pack of four!

Have a great Friday everyone!!
Nicole