Sunday, March 18, 2012

NOTD: Simply Sweet: Blue

Happy Sunday to everyone!!

Hope you all are having a fantastic weekend. I am! This weather is amazing, I broke out the Capri's today just to realize my legs are too white and probably should of invested in some self tanner! :)

It has also been the best time to break out the bright fun colors for spring. It's nice because spring does arrive on Wednesday!

Today I have a color that I picked up at the mall yesterday. My BFF steph and I were spending an afternoon together and stopped in Marshall's  to see what we could find, of course I spot nail polish and pick up a four pack of the brand Simply Sweet Nail Polish in bright pastels, and I convince steph to buy a six pack of striper polishes from L.A. Colors, since she likes making nail art. For $4.99 a pack we couldn't resist.

In the four pack i purchased you got a bright pastel yellow, which I'm hoping is going to be amazing, a pastel bubblegum pink that reminds me of Pink Friday by OPI, a nice dusty purple color, and the color I am showing you today, a nice pastel baby blue!

These are all creme finishes, (which are my favorite). The bottle shape is pretty much exactly like an OPI bottle but just a tad smaller. The brushes are nice as well, not as wide as some of the OPI brushes, its like there the smaller version of them. In the blue bottle there were no weird bristles or anything which is always a plus!

With a Flash.


Natural Light


The application of this pretty polish, was three coats for opacity. If your careful you could get a way with two. All the photos in this post have three coats and a top coat. Even with out a top coat this polish has a glossy finish.

This is the true color of the Polish.

I would describe this color as a nice genuine sky blue color, or an Easter egg. I don't have any blues like this in my collection, especially with a creme finish. Perfect for the spring and summer!



Thanks for stopping by and taking a read, and I hope you all have a wonderful rest to the weekend!
Nicole