Friday, May 11, 2012

Maybelline Color Show: Crushed Candy.

Hello! I hope you all are having a wonderful Friday!

I know I always say this, but I cannot believe that I haven't posted since the first of May! Wow this year is going by fast!

Today I have a really awesome polish to show you! Maybelline has come out with new nail polish, in a line called Color Show. They are available at Walmart, and I got mine for $2.97.

These polishes have decent range of color and textures, from glitters to cremes to shimmers. Crushed Candy is a shimmer/glass fleck polish.

Sadly the display at my store was fairly empty. :( There were not many colors left and this was the only color out of the lot that stood out to me. I am hoping they will restock the display soon. This color totally reminded me of Butter London's Disco Biscuit, a color from their spring line. I cannot fathom spending $14 dollars on a nail polish. Maybe one day when I do not have a ton of bills.





Crushed Candy applied like a dream. Two coats and its at full opacity. The color is just perfect for the summer time.It is a hot pink fuchsia  that flashes with purple and blue shimmer. I do wish I owned Disco Biscuit to see if they are dupes of each other. I haven't seen any comparisons online so for all I know I could be off by miles. Haha.



 The formula is thin but easy to handle. Just like with any other thin polishes if you are not careful you can flood your cuticles. When I went to change my polish, Crushed Candy hung around my cuticle area so I had to go back with a brush and remover to get it all off. Remember if you use 100 percent acetone like I do it WILL dry out your nails/cuticles/skin  so it is important to wash your hands immediately and moisturize.

Have you picked up any Color Show polishes? If you have any recommendations on what ones you think are worth a shot? Leave a comment below!

Talk to you all soon!
Nicole