Tuesday, May 1, 2012

NOTD: China Glaze Dress Me up with hearts!

Hi all! Happy Tuesday!

I hope all of you have been well. I know I haven't posted in about a week I believe, so glad to be back though. Lots went on over last week and this past weekend. My dad came home for a visit from taking care of his dad and on my dads first day back our dog Doby starting having problems.

Doby wasn't a young dog, he was old; around 11 years old, so that's 77 in dog years. I refer to him the past tense because as things progressed he got horribly worse. He wouldn't get up to go for walks or even to eat, yet when you looked at him he wagged his tail and still growled at the cats as they passed by. When he finally did get up we could tell his back legs weren't able to support him anymore. Doby was a big dog and when I say big I don't mean fat, he was a Black Lab, Rottweiler, and great Perinese all mixed in to one body. On Friday which also happened to be my dads birthday we finally had found a vet that would come to our house to put Doby to sleep. Friday was the worst day ever. In reality though it was a happy day because the dog would no longer be in pain and suffering. Even the vet that came to the house said putting him to sleep was the most humane thing to do, and it was the right thing. I will miss Doby terribly but he's always in my heart.

So glad I made it through that paragraph without crying!

Everyone is still adjusting to not having the dog around the house, even one of my cats is having a hard time but she is getting better. Today's manicure is dedicated to Doby in a way and its also the first manicure that I have actually been pleased with.




I started off with two coats of China Glaze's Dress Me Up from the Hunger Games Collection. This polish is a very nice neutral dusty rose pink creme. It could be opaque enough in one coat if you are on the go but two coats was good for me. This color definitely goes into my  ' wearable for work' colors.




For some odd reason I couldn't just leave this plain jane color alone. So I broke out Mrs. Mint from Funky Fingers and stamped some green hearts. Since the green hearts don't come out really opaque it looks like patter on fabric to me. I couldn't just stop there either I added the black dots to fill the void space around the hearts.



If you want to see my two meh manicures I posted them on Twitter and on Instagram. You can follow me on both under the name Mynailsmypolish.  Hope you like this. I should have another manicure later in the week for you all.

Till then.
Nicole.