Friday, June 22, 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons: Hang Ten Toes, I'm With The Lifeguard!

Hello lovely polish lovers!

I am so thankful its Friday! Who is ready for the weekend?  I am! What a better way to start off the weekend with a bright fun summer manicure!

Back on Monday; actually back last week I started stalking Head2toe Beauty for some of the new collections from China Glaze. Head2toe is an online e-tailer that carries our favorite brands of nail polish for sometimes much less than what we would find out at Sally's or other places. I'm sure though that most of you already know this!

I think I will do a post on my experiences with ordering from online retailers, although I have to say this. I have nothing but praise for Head2toe Beauty!

I ordered six of the China Glaze Summer Neons, at three bucks a pop I couldn't resist splurging a little since there are no intriguing drugstore polishes out there that I want.


I ordered, Orange You Hot, Beach Cruise-r, Loves a Beach, Hang Ten Toes, I'm With the Lifeguard, and Pink Plumeria. Today I have to show you Hang Ten Toes and an accent nail of I'm with the Lifeguard.



The formula on these polishes are nice, a little thick although easy to control,  three coats and you are good to go! These polishes do dry matte, I mean they are neons, but even when they are matte they have this shimmer about them! Adding your favorite top coat just puts them over the top!


                                     

When I first applied these polishes I didn't have the best lighting so they looked darker to me. Its been 95 degrees with high humidity the last two days so the house has been sort of dark to keep it cool. I did notice though that high humidity affects how fast my polish dried though. :(  It sucks but I found I just had to take it slow and let each layer dry completely before continuing. As soon as I got out in the sun yesterday evening I saw just how bright they really are!

I am in love with all these colors and can't wait to show you guys all the of them!

China Glaze can be found on Head2toe beauty for $3.00 a bottle and at Sally's for usually $5.99 a bottle, or a little less if you have a beauty club card.

Until next time!
Nicole