Saturday, December 1, 2012

A very simple holiday manicure!

Hello my dears!

Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday! Today I am picking my dad up from the train station! I'm excited to see him I haven't seen him since before Thanksgiving.

Another thing that has happened is we have had our first snowfall this year!! It's only like a half inch but still it's snow! Sadly it will be gone by Tuesday as they are forecasting it to be 60 degrees! Such weird weather for December and New York!

Since it is December and the holidays are approaching I bring you the first holiday manicure! Anyone can do this manicure it so simple you can't mess it up!

First up you start with a gold foil polish! I used Sally Hansen Golden-I which I just bought and can't believe I never owned it! Plus gold polishes are all over this time a year, there are a few companies that have them out this year. Two coats and your at optimal opaqueness. Let that dry completely, then add one to two coats of your favorite multi color glitter! Who doesn't want to be all sparkly this time of year??

I would suggest if your multicolored glitter is densely packed then only use one coat if its a very sparse glitter like the one I used which was the Blue Cross Beauty Holiday Lights use two coats. The bottle actually lights up different colors!

Add your favorite top coat and you are good to go! I got a lot of compliments at work on this manicure, it's so simple and festive that it would go good would any holiday party and outfit!

Check out the photos below!! I hope you enjoyed this post and stay tuned for more holiday manicures and treats!