Monday, January 28, 2013

My first adventure with Bundle Monster!!

Good Morning!!! Hope you all are well where ever you are.

Today I bring you my first experience with my new Bundle Monster plates! I have been lemming the Bundle Monster plates for a looooonnnnngggg time, I always was looking at them on Amazon and on Bundle Monsters own website wishing for them to be mine. That wish came true this Christmas when my Aunt and Uncle were very kind and gave me a gift card to amazon. I immediately knew that I wanted to buy nail art related products, I narrowed it down to the 2011 BM set and 2012 BM set, both sets I had designs I knew would be useful for up coming nail art.

First off I want to talk about my experience with Bundle Monster as a company. I have always been leery about buying off of Amazon due to the sellers; who can you trust who can't you trust, same with EBay and Etsy. I have heard some stories and it just made me a hell of a lot more cautious. So when buying the stamping plates I was pleased to see that the plates shipped straight from Bundle Monster and not a third party seller.

Each set cost $21.99 each which is not a bad price point since you get 25 plates and at least five-six designs per plate. Shipping was fantastic too, if you chose the standard shipping which was 3-5 business days it was free. Now I know that sometimes Amazon will offer free shipping with qualifying items but this free shipping was straight from the seller! So of course I chose the standard shipping and placed my order. I waited patiently for my shipping conformation email ( which means me checking my phone once an hour) and I saw the plates were being shipped from Hawaii which is where BM is located, I seriously thought it would take the 3-5 days or more to get to me since it was on the other side of the country. 

I placed my order on a Friday morning and it got to me by that Monday night! How Crazy is that!??? I have nothing but praises for the Bundle Monster Company and will definitely be placing an order for more stamping plates if they make any!

Ok so on to the manicure that I tested out my first plate with.

I started off with a base color of Nicole By OPI Selena. I love this color it most certainly helps me get through the winter blues.

Once my base color was dry I was unsure what color to stamp with so I pulled out all the contrasting colors I thought would look nice over Selena. The final two were Essie Penny Talk and Sally Hansen Ruby Rush. After stamping some on to a napkin to see what looked better I thought Penny Talk would be nice, since it is metallic color and the stamper really picked it up well from the plate.

 
 
 
 As you can see I used BM plate 201 and the swirly design in the close up shot. I wanted a delicate print and this one fit the bill well. It would cover the whole nail but not take away from the base color. Now looking at the plate I even think the sweeping lines on the left side of the plate would of been nice too.

Here is how the manicure came out.



I did come out really light and you could only see it if you got up close or was in the sunlight. But since I usually suck at full nail stamping designs I was pretty pleased how this came out. I do think next time thought I will use a slightly darker color that will contrast a bit better I also think that I might invest in a Konad Stamper since the only one I have is from the Salon Express kit and sometimes it doesn't pick up the designs well unless I give it a good file with a emery board. I would say these are office appropriate nails since no one will notice the design unless they shove your hand in their face.

If you want to invest in either your  first set of stamping plates or just add to your collection than I suggest ordering the bundle monster plates plus a Konad stamper ( if you don't already have one) , which all can be found on Amazon. If you want a quick fix for some stamping the Salon Express stamping kit by As Seen on TV is available at quite a few retailers. If you want to see my post about that kit click HERE.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and I will talk to you soon!

<3 Nicole