Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I Was Nominated!!!



How is everyone doing? I'm well! I apologize for my absence! My dad came to visit and then it was catching up with friends who have been sick and starting my spring cleaning. Anyone else find it cathartic to get rid of crap?

Anyway... This is going to be a really lonnnngg post! Sorry!

Today I bring you an awesome post! A fellow blogger named Melanie from Melanie's Fancies, was really awesomely kind and nomiated me for a Leibster award! How cool is that!?




Here are the rules to this award:

1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.

11 Things about me!

1. I love British Television! Ok so technically its mostly Doctor Who, but the shows that England has and have been shown here in America are amazing!

2.  My astrological sign is Cancer the Crab and I fit all the personality traits of my sign and I read my horoscope everyday and sometimes its spot on.

3. I have a weird sixth sense sometimes, If I am waiting for someone to text me or right before I get a text I will actually look at check my phone and then put it down and literally a minute later the text alert will go off.

4. I love arts and crafts, even at 25 I love to make decorations by hand or make my own cards for special occasions.

5. I work in a grocery store, and I absolutely hate it there, the people are mean and nasty but sadly its my only source of income until either I get a better job or go and get y cosmetology license to do nails professionally.

6. I have an associates degree in Secondary Education. Which means I am certified to substitute at local high schools, but since working with teens at my job I lost my passion and patience for dealing with them.

7. I am a video game nerd.  I love playing video games, my favorite series was and still is the Resident evil games. Ever since my dad played them when I was little I have become a fan, I even like the movies they have created with the franchise.

8. My niece Gigi is my world. That little girl means everything to me and I love spoiling her with presents and hugs and kisses. Her mom (my best friend ever) gave her my name as her middle name and that says so much and is so special to me!

9. I am addicted to my phone, I can never really leave it in another room for too long I always feel I am going to miss something huge!

10. I am huge on family, they mean everything to me! They come first before everyone else in the world including my job. On one or more occasion I have told my job that my family comes first and I could care less about working in a grocery store.

11. One day I hope that I can be happy and doing what I love or have being a blogger be my full time job, whether its as an independent beauty reviewer or working for a nail polish company or owning my own beauty company one day.


The questions from my nominator Melanie!

1. Aside from your nail polish, what's the one item you could not live without?
Hmm...I would have to say my phone, and I know thats bad. It is litterally attached to my hip all the time, its how I stay connected with everyone and everything I do, email, social media, the blog etc.. I always try to leave it in the other room so I can attempt to take a 'break' but I always fail at it.

2. What's the most recent book you've read? OR if you don't enjoy reading, what's 1 more activity you enjoy other than polish and blogging?

I love reading books! I just never have the time to finish them, I am currently reading through the Walking Dead Conpendium (the first one) which is about 3-4 inches thick over a 1000 pages I think, don't quote me. I got the first and second one for Christmas, I'm going to be reading for a long time! I also jumped on the bandwagon a while back and read "The Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy, although I haven't been able to finish the last half of the third book.

 
3. What's your favorite holiday?

My favorite holiday is definietly Christmas, and its not about getting the gifts its about me being able to splurge on the people I love very much and get them things they won't necesarily buy themselves during the year.I also love decorating the house up with lights and the tree it makes it all warm and fuzzy! Halloween is second because I'm a paranormal freak....

4. Story time! I want to hear a funny story from your childhood :D

Let see a funny story from my childhood... well I'll tell you about the first time I got a haircut. I was about two or three years old and of course mom was the hair dresser at the time. My mom just wanted to trim my hair to make it even becuase since never being cut it grew to a V shape in the back. So she sat me on a stool in the bathroom and trying to make sure I didn't move when my dad decided to call me and I turned my head just as my mom was cutting. Lets just say she didn't cut a straight line, so after fixing my hair to look even she showed my dad and he freaked out ( he hates short hair on ladies) and my moms was like " Well if you hadn't called her..." Thats about as funny as I can remeber to be honest!

5. What's your favorite color?

Throughout my life I have gone through color phases, my freshman year of high school I wore a lot of red, and then I believe my sophmore year I wore a lot of pink, as you can tell those were my favorite colors then. Today I like all different colors being a nail blogger and all but I am very fond of Purple if you were to look at my nail polish stash, and maybe pink as well..

6. If you could have any animal, alive, fictional or extinct, as a pet what would you pick?

I'm going to be really boring on this question, I love cats and have one but if I could have any pet it would be a little white fluffy dog. I had one growing up that my mom had before I was born and I loved her. So I would say a dog would be the one pet I would want right now.

7. Favorite and least favorite beauty products, doesn't have to be polish!

As much as I do love my nail polish I love makeup as well. I'm just not very versed in how to makeup look amazing, I have to say I couldn't live without my Revlon Age Defying Foundation, it makes my skin look so nice and smooth. I'm also becoming addicted to lip products I have like 10 of them in my makeup drawer set in the bathroom to choose from. I would say my least favorite beauty product is the Maybeline Master Studio Drama eyeliner (If thats the right name) It sucks, if you mess up where you put it , it stays like that for a good 12 hours, even a make up wipe has a hard time getting it off!

8. If you love to cook, what is one of your favorite things to make? If not, just tell me what your favorite food is!

I do love to cook! I wish I had more time and money at home to cook! My favorite thing to cook is Chicken and a Tabouli salad,. I buy fresh chicken tenders from the store and pound them out till they are thin and then egg them and bread them and fry them in olive oil. I know its not super healthy but I do not eat a large portions of it. I make what I will eat and thats it. Then I get tabouli salad from the deli, its by a company called Cedars. Tabouli salad is bulgar cracked wheat that is soaked in hot water until its plump, then its mixed with tomatoes, red onion, parsely, lemon juice and olive oil. I mix that with the chicken into a regular salad,. Its super filling and great as left overs!

9. Since polish and candy seem to go hand in hand, what's your favorite candy?

Polish and candy do seem to go hand in hand don't they? Sadly though I'm diabetic and cant really have too much sugar. But my favorite candy to indulge in on an occasion is Reeses Peanut Butter Cups! Anything chocolate and peanut butter to me is amazing!

10. Favorite place to buy polish?

My favorite places to buy polish is most certainly the drugstore. Drugstore companies are coming out with new polish its seems almost all the time, I always stalk them to see whats coming out and when. Another place I love to buy polish is from the online retailer Head2Toe Beauty. I've talked about them on the blog! They carry all the larger polish brands like China Glaze, Essie, Color Club. Brands that are not easily accessable to me where I live. Their prices are awesome, I can get ten polishes for under $40 including shipping! Unless of course its one of the more expensive collections. I highly recommend Head2Toe Beauty if you have never checked them out before!

I1. f you had to sell all of your polish and never buy any ever again, which 5 would you keep? Includes base and top coats because I'm a jerk like that :P

Aw thats just mean! For base coat I would keep my Sally Hansen Green Tea and Olive growth, For top Coat my Sally Hansen Insta Dry, and the three polishes would have to be Essie Wheres My chauffer, China Glaze Hang Ten Toes, and Sally Hansen Ruby Rush. I chose these three becasue the Essie one I can wear in the spring, The china Glaze one I can wear all through summer, and the Sally Hansen one Can be worn all through fall and winter. But really all of them can be worn anytime of the year!
 

Questions for my nominees!

1. What do you think that you would be doing right now if you had never gotten into blogging or becoming a nail polish addict?

2. What inspired you to become a blogger?

3. When you paint your nails do you have the TV on tuned into your favorite show? Do you have something playing on a computer in the background? Do you have music blasting or do you need complete silence to paint your nails?

4. Do any of your family/closest friends/boyfriends/husbands/girlfriends know about your polish addiction? If so what do they think about it?

5. Besides nail polish and beauty products what other hobbies are you into?

6. What is your all time favorite movie? One you could watch over and over and never get tired of?

7. What are the first five songs that you last listen to on your iPod, computer etc?

8. If there was one high end nail polish that you could own, without price being a problem what would it be and why?

9. Looking at your nail polish stash, what color do you horde/collect the most of?

10. If you could create your own nail polish company what you call it?

11. Where do you see yourself in five years, how about 10 years?


Bloggers I nominate are:  Based off of GFC Followers and or Bloglovin. Not everyone has blogger!

1. Adri from Mories Nail Art!

2. Lindsay from Polish and Diamond!

3. Nicole from Nicole Gets Nailed!

4.  Alaina from The Little Canvas!

5. Ryan from RyCobra's Southern Nails!

6. Nicole from Young Wild And Polished!

7. Minnie from Funky Nails!

8. Megan from Let There Be Lacquer!

9. Alyssa from Nails By An OPI Addict!

10. Polish in Paris!

11. Claire from Kerruticles

Ok so that's my 11 that I chose to get the Liebster award! It was hard picking my 11! I hope to see some of my nominees do this post next!

Anyway talk to you all soon!

<3 Nicole