Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Nicole By OPI Selena.

Good morning my dears! I hope you all are well and not suffering from a cold or the flu like myself last week!

I cannot imagine the last time I was that sick. I hope it all I get for the season because I hate being sick! I want to say a huge thank you to all of you for hanging in there while I was recuperating on the couch. Turns out being sick got me addicted to The Vampire Diaries, darn that Netflix.


Anyway on to today's post! Today I bring you Nicole By OPI Selena, from the new Selena Gomez Collection. I found the entire collection at my local Wal-Mart. They had a huge end cap display that was all nice and clean one day and then when I went back a few days later to actually buy one of the polishes the idiotic people that live in my town wrote all over it with the nail polishes and drew all over Selena's face. I hate it when people deface things, so what if you don't like the person on the display do you really need to use the product in the display to deface it? People may want to buy that product! My other thought was how they got up to the top of the display since its pretty tall.  Luckily I found one that didn't look used in the back of the display.

Selena is a polish that I don't have anything like in my collection. The closest thing I have to it would be Pure Ice Twinkle, and it is way more orange toned and contains shimmer, Selena does not.

Selena is a soft peachy crème, a color I love to wear in the spring time.

Application was pretty awesome with this polish. Two even coats and you can reach opacity, with three thin coats you can achieve it as well, the choice is yours :)

This is such a fun color to wear, its very much work appropriate, so if you work in a stuffy office you should be able to get away with it.






As you can see from my photos it looks a bit more pinker, but its really not. I tried to correct it in the photos but it wouldn't budge. I do have to say the shape of the NOPI bottle is an odd one, I don't hate it but it is so hard to photograph my hands on it. If your looking to purchase any of the Selena Gomez Collection than you can find it at Wal-Mart, and I've also seen it at CVS, but my CVS only had a partial display so if your looking for the whole shebang than I would say Wal-Mart is your best bet. They retail for: Wal-Mart $7 and at CVS $7.99. These prices are local to me and I paid the $7 at my Wal-Mart. Remember they maybe different where you live.

Did you purchase any of the Selena Polishes??

<3 Nicole.