Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sephora X Nail Polish: Chaotic

Hello lovelies!

Happy almost weekend!

Today I have a polish to show you that I was very excited to get my hands on. I first saw this polish when Jen from The Polishaholic featured it on her blog about a month ago I want to say. Sephora created a new line of nail polishes called Sephora X, they have a ton of different colors and finishes, this polish is a part of collection called 'The Toppers'.  It is a black and white glitter polish! How cool is that? I know that some of the best B&W glitters come from all the amazing indie nail polish brands out there, and I do hope to get my hands on some of them one day, I just have to set up a PayPal account, which I always forget to do!

So this Sephora Polish is called Chaotic, which I feel its name does suit it. It does look like it creates chaos on the nail when applied over certain colors. Over other colors it just looks freaking awesome.

The glitter make up of Chaotic consist of small round black and white glitter, black bar glitter, medium hex black and white glitter, and large black and white hex glitter in a clear base. I think I would been a little bit more happier if they had put a bit more white glitter into the mix, especially white bar glitter.



Application is fairly good, the small standard brush can get stuck with some of the big pieces of glitter in between the bristles which can make glitter placement a little clumped together. Dry time is good and the finish is glossy but a little rough to the touch, not so rough that its annoying to touch it though. A good coat of your top coat makes it all better.

In the two pictures above I used chaotic over China Glaze Loves A Beach from the Summer Neons Collection,( I will have a full review of Loves A Beach soon) I also used it over Essie Mint Candy Apple, (full review to come of that soon as well). I think Chaotic over MCA makes it look like mint chocolate chip ice cream, anyone else think so?

Anyway the availability of Chaotic is pretty good, if you cannot get your hands on one of the many awesomely amazing  B&W  Indie glitters then this can help you get by until you do. Most Sephora Anchor stores have the Sephora X line, if you only have access to the Sephora's that are located in some JC Penny stores then you won't find it there and you will have to order it online through the Sephora Website. This polish retail for $11.50 each, which is pretty steep price tag for only a 10ml bottle but hey it is Sephora after all.

Until next time!
<3 Nicole