Monday, July 15, 2013

45 Days of Untireds Day 5 L'Oreal Paris Royally Yours.

Good Monday morning! Is anyone not a fan of Mondays? I don't have an opinion because sometimes I work and sometimes I don't. But as a blogger everyday can be a work day ha ha.

Today for Day 5 of the Untried Challenge, I have a pretty pastel to show you. L'Oreal Paris released a spring romance collection earlier this year. I don't remember the exact name as I write this but when I do I will insert it here somewhere.

Today's polish is called Royally Yours, it is a pretty pastel blue color that almost reminds me of Hard Candy's Sky. If you want to see a comparison post then let me know below!

So I had seen this polish in its original display for a while, and they were all priced $5.99 which I believe is standard for a Rite Aid display, but I never had the urge to buy any at that price. I had other pastels that I could definitely find for much less.

When I stopped in Rite Aid last week I saw they had a ton of polishes on clearance, as they do when new displays and new stock comes in, at only $2.99 on clearance I couldn't resist picking up a couple of colors.



 I have to say the formula on this was a bit iffy for me. Even though it wasn't terribly humid out or anything like that, I found it to be really thick and even if you didn't wipe off the brush too much you still didn't have enough polish to do at least one coat across the nail. Then it would get streaky and you would have brush drag if you tried to even it out too many times.

The photos in today's post are three coats with top coat to even everything out.



Even after three coats and top coat you can still see a little unevenness on the end of my pinkie finger.

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this polish. It is a lovely color and I would definitely use it for nail art but not so sure about a full on manicure again.

Don't forget to check out Adrianna's untried and Shaylad's on Instagram!
Do you own any of the L'Oreal Paris polishes from their spring romance collection? 

<3 Nicole