Sunday, July 28, 2013

45 Days Of Untrieds Day 11: Maybelline Color Show: Mystic Green.

Good morning and happy Sunday! Whose mad that Monday is around the corner?

Today is day 11 of the 45 days of untried challenge, I admit I have been falling behind. I could throw out a million and one excuses but I don't like excuses. So we will just go on as planned, shall we?

Over the early summer Maybelline Color Show Released some new polishes which to me look to be permanent since I saw a wall display at my local Wal-Mart. The new collections are called the Polka Dots, and Holographic collections. I get really excited when I hear a drugstore brand is going to put out a possible holographic collection.

Unfortunately, as I stated on Twitter when I got these polishes, and did a quick swatch on Instagram, they are not holographic. Sad faces all around.

They are however nice polishes some that have a possible duo-chrome effect.

Mystic Green was one of the polishes that caught my eye. I don't normally gravitate to green just because its not one of my favorite colors, but I don't shun it because some green polishes are awesome!


This polish is fairly thin on the first coat. I haven't tried layering it over a dark polish but I think it might look cool. Three coats will get you this metallic green opacity. 



This polish does have a slight duo-chrome but it didn't pick up in the photos. How ever amongst the green polishes I own this is the first metallic one that i have. I wish it was more thick so I could stamp with it. 

Don't forget to check out Adrianna's and Shaylads untrieds! 

What do you think of companies labeling a polish something that it isn't?

<3Nicole