Friday, July 5, 2013

Free For All Beauty Fridays: Get to know me, beauty tag!


Hey guys! Happy Friday! I hope you all had a wonderful fourth yesterday! My best friend, niece and I hung out and we went and saw Despicable me 2 and then went to see fireworks at the local park. They were pretty awesome! Then we went back to my best friends house and lit off some sparklers at 11:30 at night! 

Today I have a beauty tag for you. I'm not sure how many of you really like beauty tags or any tag post/video for that matter but I like them. I love watching them on Youtube and they some pretty interesting ones out there. So for this weeks Free For All Beauty Friday, we have a get to know me, beauty edition. 

So lets get started! 

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is half curly and half straight, its a little annoying actually. I blame my parents, my dad has curly hair and my mom has baby fine straight hair. My underneath layers of hair are usually the straight ones and the top layer of hair is always wavy, curly. Its such a pain in the butt! 


2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I rarely dye my hair, I will get highlights done but its once every few years. However if I want to get anything done to my hair, cut, dye, I just have to ask my best friend. She is a licensed cosmetologist. 


3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
During the cooler months I will usually style it differently. My hair and humidity do not mix at all and sadly during the warm months I am prone to sweating a little too much and my just gets horrible. If I try to straighten it, it curls up and gets all greasy looking and then I have to start all over with a fresh shower and everything. I usually just keep it up during the summer which I know isn't healthy for it but its the only thing that works. 

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do my own mani/pedi of course, if I didn't then I wouldn't have this blog. I have only been once to a salon for a pedicure and it was nice but where I live they sort of over charge for them since we get a lot of tourist. 


5. How often do you change your nail polish?
I change my nail polish probably two-to-three times a week, just because I am primarily a nail blogger. Depending on my schedule for the week if I have a day where I don't have anything going on I will have a 'swatch day' where I swatch two-four polishes in one sitting to get things going for the blog here. As for nail art post is more of a once a week thing. 

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
Usually its just the summer. I think I still have the same polish on that I had on before I went on vacation. So what does that tell you. Lol. 
 

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
Depends on the situation of where I am going. If it is just going to run errands then I usually do a light makeup day. If I am going to work then I might do a full simple face. And of course for special occasions and holidays I tend to go all out. 

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I usually do my face first then go on from there. 


9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I don't have a ton of space or my own place to just collect makeup. If I was a makeup artist I probably would. I will buy makeup when I need it but if new products come out that catch my eye even if I already own it then year I might buy more than I need. But if I didn't then I might not be able to do beauty posts on fridays. 


10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Never, I have never tried them, don't want to honestly. I am deathly afraid of gluing my eyelid shut. 


11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Nope see the answer to question seven. 


12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
When I am home alone maybe not so much but with family possibly if we are having a family dinner or BBQ. 

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
I have left the house without makeup before, and every time something happens where it would of been better if I had put makeup on before I left. So nowadays I don't usually leave without something on my face whether its just foundation concealer and lipstick. 


14. How many high-end products do you have?
Not many, I don't have a giant bank account to buy them, but I do splurge when I have a little extra money and my bills get paid first. 


15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
I decide when I am getting ready, it all has to do with the weather. Sometimes in NY it can be hot and cold in the same day. 
 

16. How often do you change your handbag?
Rarely, I like just having one that I can put everything I need into and then if it starts to rip or get worn out then I will change it or buy a new one. 


17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
Since I work a lot of night shifts mostly I go to bed at like 12-1 o clock in the morning and wake up at 10:30-11 am. If I have to work early shifts then I try to go to bed at a normal  time but it never works out the way I want. 


18. How often or when do you workout?
I try to work out when I can but its hard and I admit I fail at it a lot. 


19. Left handed or right handed?
Right handed! 


20. How tall are you?
5'6"


21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Nope. 


22. How many pets do you have?
One kitty named Scooter. 


23. How often are you on Blogger?
I always set a goal of at least three times a week but sometimes it turns in to one or sometimes none. 


24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Always! 


25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I definitely make mental notes to try a product I see or look in to it at least. 


26. How did you come up with your blog name?
When I started painting my nails, I couldn't think of one that hadn't been done, then one day I said they are my nails and its my polish, and hence forth My Nails. My Polish. was born. 


27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I sometimes use my iPhone, to take photos that my digital cameras can capture, like bright neons. I just recently got for my birthday a Canon Rebel t3i which is how I will most likely be taking pictures from now on. I also have a Sony Cybershot Dsc-tx 66 which is a nice small compact camera 


28. How often do you clean your house?
I like to keep things as clean as I possibly can, I don't like clutter and try to keep everything nice and neat. 

29. What's your favorite color?
Pink, but I like all the colors! 


30. Do you swear?
Sadly, sometimes like a sailor but if you worked the job I do you might do it to. But when I am with family I try not to. 


31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Well I am about to go eat a late lunch and then get ready and go to work for the night and then come home and eat a late dinner then go to bed and try to sleep so I can get up early for my morning shift at work. 

Hope you enjoyed this post and I will talk to you all on Monday! 
<3Nicole