Friday, January 31, 2014

Free For All Beauty Friday: Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup.

Hi guys happy Friday!!! Who is ready for the weekend?? I am, even though mine will be filled with working, school work and blogging. Although I do NOT mind the blogging part!

Today I have another edition of Free For All Beauty Friday for you! I have only done a handful of these over the last year but hopefully there will many more in the future!

There are lots of new amazing beauty products out at the drugstore right now. I have definitely been sucked into buying quite a few of them and loving them! This being one of them.

Almay has always been a cosmetic company that my mom mentioned to me when I first started getting into makeup. She informed it was makeup she used because she has sensitive skin and Almay was one of the only brands she didn't have a problem wearing!

I don't always get to purchase Almay at the drugstore, I always ogle at it but its a little too expensive where I live. However, I have owned a couple of pieces of Almay makeup in the past, eye shadows, a mascara, a blush and now a foundation I am completely in love with.

Let me introduce you to Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup.

I first saw this at my local Rite Aid, you know as I do. I saw the display and that they had a tester out. I thought that this was tinted moisturizer at first, the tester was my shade so I tested it on the back of my hand. As I rubbed it in I realized this was something different and really cool and I would need it my life.

This skintone matching make up comes in three shades, light, light/medium, and medium.
Almay according to their website says that this: 
  • instantly transforms to your perfect shade 
  • Lightweight coverage with a soft satin finish 
  • broad spectrum SPF 15 
  • Hypoallergenic and Dermatologist tested. 

You can see I am shade #200 Light/Medium. You get one fluid ounce of product which is standard for liquid foundations.

What I like about this foundation is that it is light weight, has an SPF that is broad spectrum, is hypoallergenic, and has pretty decent coverage for being classified as a light coverage foundation.


Your probably thinking how does the smart shade technology work? Well here is a quote directly from Almay's website " it adjusts to the natural tones and nuances of your skin with breakthrough new almay tonemimic™ shade-sensing bead technology which intuitively transforms to your skintone for all day natural looking coverage in your perfect shade." 


That "tonemimic" technology is what made me want to try this stuff out. Take a look.

This is what the foundation looks like when it comes right out of the tube. It looks kind of grayish and you can see tiny flecks of the skintone matching beads throughout.

As you start to rub it into your skin with your fingers you can see that the beads break and start to release color and somehow starts to match my skintone.


I found this foundation to be really great at evening out my skintone, and moisturizing. I also found the best way to apply this foundation is to use your hands. Usually I am a brush using girl. I just don't normally like the feeling of having foundation on my hands, but this foundation I feel with a brush you do not get the best application and most of it gets caught inside the brush. I also think the heat of my hands helps burst the skintone matching beads.


As you can see or hardly see for that matter that this matches fairly well. I do set it with a setting powder just to get the shine off my face since I have naturally oily/combo skin. But I do notice the satin almost matte finish before I set it and if I didn't get oily I wouldn't use a setting powder.

Overall I love this foundation and have been using every day since I bought it. I will definitely be repurchasing this foundation sooner than later. If you want to try out the Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup, you can find it at your local drugstore, Walmart, etc. I got mine from Walmart for $9.99 instead of the $14.99 price tag I saw at Rite aid.

I hope you enjoyed this review and I'll talk to you all soon!
<3 Nicole