Friday, March 28, 2014

Revlon Age Defying Firming and Lifting Foundation

Happy Friday guys!!!! How are you? Everything is semi okay on my end. Battling a lot of stress and depression right now. Just trying to make to the light at the end of the tunnel or find that silver lining.

Today I have for you another foundation review. I reviewed the Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup a while back and raved about it. I still rave about it, heck I am wearing right now, but I have found a foundation that is rivaling it for my affections.

Revlon introduced this foundation I want to say towards the beginning of the year, but I just got my hands on it about a month ago. Living in a middle of no where place in New York we don't always get new products right away. I had seen a couple of other reviews on this foundation and people seemed to be loving it.

This foundation runs about $10-$15 depending on where you purchase it from. I got a great deal on it at Rite Aid. They were having a 40% Revlon sale, so I got this for around $8 instead! This is also a great tip for those of us who don't like shelling out a bunch of money on product that were not sure about. I recommend waiting until it goes on sale at the drugstore, they are always running 40% sales every now and then. I say buy the new product then and give it a try, at least your not paying the whole price if you wind up not liking it so much.


Here is what I love about this product. First off it has really nice coverage. Its about a medium coverage foundation that you can build on to make full coverage. I love how this evens out my skin tone and helps reduce under eye circles with just one thin layer. If I am having a bad skin day I can add a little more to the problem areas, and it doesn't look cakey.

Can you see by the photo above this has a  pump! Not all drugstore foundations have pumps, you can get optimum control with this foundation by that pump. Usually or my face I use a pump and a little more. The packaging itself is sleek and nice, it has a glass bottle so it is a little heavy but not too bad at all.

Another good thing about this foundation is it has a broad spectrum SPF of 15, which isn't too high but its nice to have some protection from the sun. The size on this is the standard 1.0 fl oz and I wear the color #30 Soft Beige.


Here is a little swatch of it against my hand. The formula is creamy and smooths on to the skin nicely. It especially looks nice when you pair it with the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser which I just reviewed a few days ago. Pairing those to products together makes my foundation last all day, even when I haven't paired it with the primer it still last a decent amount of time.

As for the age defying claims of firming and lifting, I can't really tell so much because I don't have really any wrinkles or saggy skin yet. But it does make my complexion look nice and gives my face an overall flawless look.

I have always loved Revlon foundations. Revlon was the first brand I bought liquid foundation from so its no surprise I like this one.

Check out your local drugstores today if you want to try out this foundation. Remember if you don't want to shell out $15 bucks for it, wait for a sale and look out for coupons. There are coupons for everything these days!

Until next time! <3 Nicole