Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring, Butterflies, Gradients? Oh my!

Hi guys!! How are you all? On my end things are up and down as they have been the last few weeks. I've been feeling down and depressed and nothing really seems to be helping. Although there is one thing that has been helping, that  is my friends not just here at home but on the Internet too! If it hadn't been for their words of encouragement I don't know what I would do. I just have to remember I'm not alone in my struggles and eventually everything will work out.

So for today's post I wanted to share with you some nail art I did last week. Since the weather is finally getting warmer (its gonna be 60 today) I was inspired to do a bright manicure.

I started off with two of my favorite neon's from China Glaze, Pink Plumeria and Loves A Beach. The pair of polishes created a subtle gradient that I really liked. Then I decided to add some nail art. Originally I was going to do butterfly wings on all of my nails but since I like the gradient so much that I only did the accent nail.



I have to say I need to practice my butterfly wings more, my nails also need to grow out more too. Its hard to do a butterfly wing on short nails.



After finishing the nail art I waited a day and added Finger Paints Flakies in Flashy.  The iridescence of the flakies really made it look like a butterfly wing. I topped it all off with Julie G Jet Set Fast Drying Top Coat. It has quickly replaced my Seche Vite and Sally Hansen Insta Dry as my favorite top coat!

That's it for today! See you next time! <3 Nicole