Monday, July 28, 2014

Milani Cosmetics Bella Eyes Eyeshadow First Impression!

Hi lovelies! How are you all! Happy Monday, although I am not a fan. As you are reading this I am working a 6am to 230pm shift today and I still have three more 8 hour shifts to go before my first day off. I hate getting up early but I don't mind the hours and of course the $$.

But all of that nonsense aside its time for some makeup!

Today I bring you my first impression and swatches of the new Milani Bella Eyes Eyeshadows.

I have been waiting and waiting for my CVS to finally get these in, I've been seeing them everywhere  and couldn't wait to get my hands on some.

Before I ever go to CVS I alway check my email account linked to my Xtra Care Card, I do this because lately CVS has been issuing 20-30% coupons, now mind you while they don't work on sale items they do work on regularly priced items and it just so happened that Milani wasn't on sale.

It took forever for me to choose what colors I wanted or how many. I chose three colors since my spending amount was limited, there was one shade I wanted badly but it wasn't in stock and that was Champange but for the shades I did get, wow!

Here is a look at the three shades in their packaging.

Bella Rouge 

Bella Espresso 

Bella Sand


First off lets talk packaging. I love the packaging, (its true I'm a sucker for it) they're basically like the baked blushes but mini! I love that they are so compact that they are going to be very travel friendly. I am going to have so many options to choose from when packing for vacation in September. I also love that each of the eyeshadows have seals on them, so if you don't see a seal you know its been opened and touched by grubby hands not of our own. So a huge THANK YOU to Milani for doing that! 

Next is texture. I love love love the feel of these shadows! There are smooth and velvety, they are very finely milled, and even though when you first look at them you see they have a texture to them you don't feel it. Plus that imprint doesn't go away which is kind of cool, makes the shadow constantly look new. 

These are highly pigmented shadows. One to two circles of your finger will get you a lot of pigment, that equals to about 2-3 swipes with my brushes.  As for staying power, I wore them Sunday for 8 hours with a primer underneath and when I left work at 6:30pm I still had a decent amount of shadow on my eyes, not that I packed it on or anything. After 12 hours (right before bed) I noticed, most of the shadow was gone, but I had rubbed my eyes and such so I can't say it was the shadow naturally wearing off.  I will try to put a selfie on Instagram using the shadows so you can see. 

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Each swatch that I did is one to two circles of my finger around the shadow and NO PRIMER! I will try to update this post and swatch them over a primer to see if it makes a difference.  I love all three of the colors that I chose. I can do a natural look with the Bella Sand and Espresso or a more colorful look with Bella Rouge and Espresso with Sand as a highlight or inner corner highlight.  

And what makes these even more of a plus is that there not all the same finish. You have Matte shades, Satin Matte shades, Shimmers, and Metallic. I added the underside of the packaging to the swatch photos so you can see they are clearly marked what type of finish they are.  

Okay so price point: At my CVS they retailed for $4.79, and you get 0.05 ounces or 1.4 grams of product. For a single eye shadow from Milani that is a decent price, usually at CVS Milani is expensive. 

I hope that in the future that CVS will run Buy one get one half off sales or something of that nature so I'm more inclined to spend more money. Oh what the hell I probably will spend money on them whether they are on sale or not. 

So if your looking for some awesome single eye shadows that are highly pigmented and a great color array, these might be for you. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I will see you all at the end of the week! <3 Nicole 

*All of the products in this post were purchased by me with my own money. I'm not being compensated by any companies, all reviews and opinions are my own.**