Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hello!!! How 'bout some stampin'?

Good evening! It has been a week since my last post! How naughty of me! I've been desperately trying to keep on a every other day schedule and god life keeps getting in the way!

Anyway how was your Valentines? Mine was ok no flowers or candy but I  did my taxes, and  getting a decent refund so life is good! I just wish the money would get here!

In other news I am going to Florida in June! I am so pumped to get out of New York for almost two weeks! I will have pre published post for the time that I'm away and I plan on upping my Internet plan on my phone so I can stay in contact on Twitter and such.

Today I bring you the manicure I wore on Valentines Day. Or we'll a variation of it. On valentines day I actually wore China Glaze Cranberry Splash and Bundle Monster Plate 311. For the  base color in the photos below I used one of Julie G's new polishes that are available at Rite Aid right now!

The name of this beauty is called YOU-niverse ! When I saw it I wanted it immediately due to the amazing duo chrome in the bottle! The duo chrome does show up on the nail but it is super hard to photograph. It's more muffled on the nail then when concentrated in the bottle but still pretty none the less. I don't tend to gravitate towards bronze-y polishes like this one but it suits my skin tone nicely.

Two to three coats of YOUniverse is all you need to get the polish opaque. I got quite a few compliments on this color so you should too!

I figure this was a manicure that if your not a fan of all the fancy pinks and reds and whites on Valentines day this was a way to be that little something different.

For the stamp itself I used my Wet 'n' Wild, Black crème,  I bought back ups of this polish only to see that they are thinner then I thought, but I guess I'll have to let them sit out to get a little thicker.

So on to the photos:

These are taken with three coats of YOUniverse, and top coat in natural light.




All in all I think this is a nice departure from all the other stamping manicures I've tried out. I never thought that it would look this cool! I hope you guys go out and grab a bottle of YOUniverse at Rite Aid and maybe if you want to get into stamping some Bundle Monster Plates!

Have a great night!
<3 Nicole!