Friday, July 19, 2013

45 Days Of Untrieds: Day 8 China Glaze Unrefined.

Hey guys! I apologize for this post being a day late. Life has been crazy busy and adding on this amazing challenge has made me realize that there are just not enough hours in the day to everything!

Between work and the blog and family life I have been exhausted the past few days, so once again I apologize for not having a post yesterday.

Day 8's Untried is from China Glaze, I think China Glaze is one of my favorite brands that I own, I know I own quite a few of them and there will definitely be a few more making their way into this challenge.

Unrefined comes from the China Glaze Texture collection. I remember seeing this collection back in the beginning of the year maybe around March? I remember going to the Beauty Plus Salon and was happy they had them.

This is one of the first creme texture polishes I own. I don't know how much I like it in comparison to the Frosted Gumdrops or the Liquid Sand Polishes but they are pretty nifty.

Unrefined is a pretty pastel pink color. Its fairly bright and I like it with my skin tone. The texture finish is that more of I think I have heard bloggers describe it as a popcorn ceiling effect. I have to agree with it 100%.



I had to use three coats to make it opaque and to get the texture to even out. The texture bits seem to already in the polish when you apply it because I could see them on the brush and on the nail. I didn't add a top coat, obviously to ruin the effect.

I have two other colors I plan on showcasing during the challenge so keep on a look out for those. The only thing I didn't like about this polish was that it chipped really easily, where as with the glittery ones from OPI and Julie G, they stayed on my nails well, and the base coat I always use is Nail Envy by OPI.

Don't forget to check out Adrianna's nails and Shaylads untireds!

<3 Nicole

Do you prefer creme or glittery texture polishes??