Saturday, July 20, 2013

45 Days Of Untrieds Day 9 Sally Hansen Lava.

Good Saturday evening polish friends! Hope your weekend is starting off wonderful! The heat wave has finally broke here in NY and its so nice not to be sweating like a fiend.

Today's Polish I think fits the bill of a heat wave, its Sally Hansen's Lava!

I purchased this polish when it first hit drugstores back I think sometime last year I think, but don't quote me.

This polish was part of a duo chrome collection and the only one I saw that I though would have potential. When buying duo chromes sometimes they can be very hit and miss. Lava however is a very big hit!




This polish upon first application is fairly sheer. If you are someone who just wants a wash of sparkle and color one coat should satisfy you. My mom is that way, but if you are like me and need to not see your VNL then it takes about three coats to make it the beautiful metallic color you see in the photo above.

With my hand in this position you see one of the color of this polish which is a bright hot pink. In the next photo below you see it shifts to a bright golden orange color.


Primarily when I look at the polish in real life it looks pink until you wiggle your fingers in the sun they they gorgeous  orange shines through.

I believe this color is still available if you haven't picked it up yet or are considering it. Or maybe this post will sway you if you keep eyeing it when you go to the drugstore.

Do you like duo-chromes, do you own any?? 

Don't forget to check out Shaylads and Adrianna's untrieds today!!

<3 Nicole