Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser Review

Hi! *waves frantically at all of you*

Its Wednesday! My longest day of the week! Seriously I'm at work from 6AM to 230PM today. One day I will not have to wake up at 5am for work.

Today I am bringing you a review of my go-to facial cleanser. I have tried cleansers from every walk of the drugstore shelves. I have used Clean & Clear to L'Oreal and a few brands in between. Now these cleansers got my face clean I don't doubt that, but every time I used one more than once a day or more than twice a week they made my skin feel super tight and dry. That in my book is a huge problem. I don't usually have dry skin on my face, I have combination skin where it can be normal one day and oily the next.

I had always seen Cetaphil in the drugstore and always wanted to buy it but never really heard much about it. One day I picked up a bottle and read the claim on the front that said "Removes excess oil without drying. Rinses Clean." On the back of the bottle it also said it removed makeup as well, so I threw caution to the wind and bought it. The 8oz bottle of Cetaphil retails for about $6 at Walmart so for price point it was a pretty good deal.

I forgot to mention that I use 'For normal to oily skin' formula.

The first thing I noticed about this cleanser was the smell. It has a high fragrance to it. For some reason I think it smells like concentrated baby powder. Don't ask me how I came up with it, that's what I smell. If you don't like highly fragranced cleansers you may not like this. However the smell does NOT linger on the skin, its only when you are washing your face with it.



After my first use of Cetaphil I was really impressed. Besides the smell (which I quickly got over) my skin felt nice. It was smooth, and it felt really clean but not that squeaky clean where you need to apply moisturizer right after. Oh and here is the best part, IT DIDN'T DRY OUT MY FACE!!! That was the best part indeed. I then gave it the use twice a day test and I did notice a little bit of drying, so I decided to use this primarily at night usually during a shower and supplement with a facial wipe in the morning to get anything the cleanser missed.

As for the makeup removing claim. Its true. It gets at least 85% of my make up off in one wash and I can go in with a wipe to clean up the rest. Although today my makeup removing technique has changed that I use a cleansing oil first before the cleanser. I'll have a review on that soon.

All in all this cleanser is pretty awesome. Since I got this last summer I just finished off my first bottle back in March. When I repurchased it I upgraded to the 16oz bottle that retails for $10.99 at Walmart.

I hope you enjoyed the review and maybe it gave you a new option if your looking to change your skin care routine!

Have a great day and see you guys on Friday!
<3 Nicole